TO BE LET BY TENDER
ON FARM BUSINESS TENANCY (F.B.T)
FOR A TERM OF 3 YEARS
BARRY L. HAWKINS
IS FAVOURED WITH INSTRUCTIONS FROM
MR AND MRS RICHARD SIZER
FROM 11TH OCTOBER 2016
TENDERS TO BE RECEIVED AT MY OFFICE
BY NOON MONDAY 4TH JULY 2016
PARTICULARS, GENERAL REMARKS AND CONDITIONS OF LETTING
OF APPROX 125 ACRES OF ARABLE LAND OFF COWLES DROVE, HOCKWOLD
SITUATION The land is situated off Cowles Drove, Hockwold, about 1 mile from the edge of the village but can also be accessed by a right of way via “Sluice Drove” running south of Black Dyke Farm. See plan attached.
DESCRIPTION The holding edged red on the plan is in two blocks, and is mainly sandy peat and earthy peat. The fields are good shaped and have grown wheat, rape, potatoes and other roots and are as contained to the following schedule.
TL6886 – 9862 – 0.58 0.58 - PASTURE
TL6886 – 0366 – 1.45 0.00 - TREES
TL6887 – 8928 – 0.43 0.43 - BANK
TL6887 – 9429 – 3.44 3.41 - ARABLE
TL6987 – 0434 – 4.18 4.16 - ARABLE
TL6886 – 0697 – 7.16 7.13 - ARABLE
TL6987 – 5221 – 7.83 7.83 - ARABLE
TL6987 – 1921 – 15.49 15.36 - ARABLE
TL6987 – 4121 – 7.51 7.51 - ARABLE
TL6886 – 2728 – 5.18 5.18 - ARABLE
51.59 (127.48 ACRES)
See Cropping over
IRRIGATION There is an irrigation licence in the name of Mr and Mrs R. Sizer for 25,000 cubic meters. The tenant will be required to pay for and maintain that licence.
DRAINAGE RATES Payable to Southery Internal Drainage Board
AGREEMENT The land is offered in one lot on a 3 year Farm Business Tenancy commencing 11th October 2016 or earlier if agreement is signed.
A summary of the principal terms are set out below.
A draft copy of the tenancy agreement may be inspected at my office during normal hours by prior appointment.
The principal Terms of Lease based on a Central Association of Agricultural Valuers are:-
- The B.P.S entitlements will be included in the lease and effecting a Tenant will “baby sit” these entitlements and pass these back to the Landlord or nominee at the end of the tenancy.
- Rent will be payable 6 months in advance on the 11th October and 6th April, and on signing of agreement.
- The ingoing tenant will be responsible for reimbursing the Landlord for any tenant right – if any. There will be no claim against the Landlord for dilapidations (if any).
- Shooting The sporting rights over the land are included.
- There will be no provision for a rent review during the 3 year tenancy.
- The Tenant will be responsible for paying all drainage rates, general drainage charge and irrigation licence costs during the term of tenancy.
- Indemnity The tenant will be required to carry full public liability insurance in respect of the land.
- The Farming System The tenant will be required to use the land strictly for arable farming and to employ good husbandry techniques for the duration of the tenancy.
- Tenant The Landlord prefers to let to a single tenant, but would be prepared to consider limited companies, partnerships or joint tenants.
- Cost of Letting and Tenancy Agreement The Tenant will be required to contribute £250 plus VAT towards the Landlord’s costs of letting and preparation of the tenancy agreement.
- Rental offers are invited for this land by 12 Noon on Monday 4th July 2016. If Tenderers do not wish their offers to be opened prior to this date they should mark the outside of the envelope with the words “Cowles Drove”. They may also wish to mark the envelope with their initials or some other form of identification so that when checking, they can ensure receipt by the Landlord’s Agents. No offers will be considered for the land subsequent to this date.
- Offers are required in writing and must be on the prescribed form attached. No offer calculated by reference to other offers will be accepted.
- Offers are to be for a rent per annum and must not be at a rate per acre/hectare.
- Tenderers are required to furnish details of their current farming operations and to provide names and addresses of referees. (Details of the rent you offer will NOT be made known to your present Landlord, if you are a tenant.
- The Landlord reserves the right not to accept the highest offer or not to accept any offer at their discretion.